Total Pageviews

07 October 2011

Client F - At Work

Brief:
Capture client in action giving her personal development training at one of her monthly meetings. 
Extra information:
Meetings take place at a Hotel in Ashby. Contacted Hotel to ensure they have no problems with me photographing at their premises. Knowing that many many weddings are held there and this will be in a function room privately hired - I knew this would not be a problem- but always best to check.
Equipment:
I took my Canon 5D and Speedlite flash as the event was to be held indoors.
Shoot:
This was going to be tricky as it was in the evening and the room would be either lit by overhead lights or the light from the projector. I insisted that the client explain to her audience why I was there and what I was doing. She wanted me to capture some of the audience but I felt this was inappropriate as they had not agreed to this and I did not want to go around asking for model release forms to be signed. Any audience shots I captured from behind so they are not recognisable.
Issues:
The room was lit by candle light and the light from the projector she was using which made for incredibly difficult lighting conditions. I ensured the flash was bouncing off white surfaces so that some detail was captured. This made for awkward shooting conditions. One member of the audience was bothered by the flash and at that point I left.
Delivery and Payment:
I processed the images I considered suitable and burned those to CD and posted them along with an invoice and a covering letter. I received an email thanking me and saying that she would bring a cheque to our next meeting (which is in two weeks).
Images:
Here are a couple that I like:




. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .


2 comments:

  1. Hi
    Prepare each shoot before hand with a visual style to your work, your style at the moment is too generic.load a blog with marketing and lifestyle images and these will provide an idea for your approach for this style of work.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you please explain what you mean by 'too generic'?

    ReplyDelete