BACKGROUND:
I have been networking for a year now and know that I do not make the most of this - yet. This is because I need to concentrate on my studies. The reason for networking is to get enough work to cover the costs of networking and in the meantime make sure people know and trust me and I will turn up the dial once I have graduated.
However, as Christmas is approaching I thought about parts of what I offer and how to get people to engage with me, spend their money with me and continue to develop my business.
I produced the 'Gift Voucher' to encourage people to buy them for their family and friends as a Christmas gift. The route to creating these can be found here and here. I have already started selling them and last week I delivered an hour of training to someone I network with.
SITUATION:
Client is an interior designer and needs to photograph her work as she finishes a room so that it can be used on her website, in print, in brochures etc. It is not feasible to revisit with a photographer. She has a camera and did photography as part of her GCSE in Art, so has some knowledge.
TRAINING:
I usually ask what type of camera a person has so that I can familiarise myself with its buttons before I arrive, but I didn't with this client and was surprised to get my hands on a Nikon D200. My first time with a Nikon. She had shown me some of her images and I realised there was something not quite right with the camera. I discovered that although the camera was set to auto it was not actually doing things automatically which explained the problems with the shots she had taken.
After reading an online manual for the camera I figured out how to set it to fully automatic. At least now the camera will be helping her.
I then talked about how the camera focuses and what the lights and information seen in the viewfinder means and how she needs to make use of that. I reminded her about composition, the rule of thirds, depth of field. It was all slowly beginning to come back to her.
RESULTS:
We did not have time during the hour to take any photographs as it was dark and she does not have a flash. She did feel more confident about using it and getting results.
![]() |
| I grabbed a quick shot of Daisy |
A day or so later she had taken her delightful dog - Daisy for a walk at Chatsworth and took her camera too and this appeared on Twitter:
"If you want any photography lessons
@PhotoJoanne is amazing...
@PhotoJoanne is amazing...
I can already tell the difference :)".
FUTURE:
We have decided that another hour is going to be necessary once she is more confident to ensure she captures a room effectively and thinks about light, reflections and composition.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

No comments:
Post a Comment