I have quite a bit of speculative work in the pipeline but it might make sense to write it down somewhere to see if I cant make some of it move from being speculative into being actual!
- Images for website - heath and safety. Have date booked into diary for the shoot.
- Images for website - training. New website is up and running and will use me for photography when cash flow picks up. This will definitely happen over the summer I don't need to do anything.
- Large wall art - an anniversary present. Sizes and dates coming to me from client. Will chase to make sure we don't miss the key dates.
- Large wall art - that is all I know will continue chasing the person that asked me. Think it is for his office, but he was vague so not really sure.
- Large wall art - for redecorated lounge. Seeing them on 22nd March.
- Photobook - father's birthday in April. Photobook required. Client has been chased as I need a months notice to produce these. Seeing her next week to to given the photo albums. Will charge more the less time I have.
- Newsletter - I edit a quarterly local newsletter. I take shots, edit, design and layout. Work is done by small committee. It needs to meet so we can have a newsletter out ready for Easter.
- Training - i sold 3 gift cards before xmas and those people will be asking soon to have their hour with me. As they have already paid this will be about finding a suitable hour for them and me!
- Diamond Jubilee - have been given permission to capture a timelapse of the closing of Market Street, Ashby and the setting up of the 970 seat street party. This needs lots of careful planning. Meetings have been set up.
- Stud Manager - have been given the go-ahead to approach Stud Manager to discuss ways of adding value to his offer to horse owners who send their mares to the stud. Will contact manager during week now that the idea has been described to him.
Lessons learned:
- With people in small businesses like myself you have to appreciate that cash flow may be a problem. You need to be persistent without being pushy.
- Patience will win the day. Some people don't understand your offer or how you can help. But if you slowly show them they will understand. I'm in no rush - as long as I enjoy this and I give good service and produce interesting images - the rest doesn't really matter.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment