Had the chance to attend a new network last week. Well I thought that was what I was attending - turned out I was slightly wrong. Derbyshire Arts were doing roadshows for creative people around Derbyshire and wanted to find out whether they were interested in networking together. Errrrr well, yes, of course we are.
I have been networking with two very interesting groups for 18 months but I find I do need to spend time with creative people outside of Uni. This is why my hopes were raised about the event last week. I left them with one comment "Set it up, tell us about it and we will come". There were many people in the room that are just waiting for a creative network in the area.
I have in mind that if this does not happen that I should work with other creative businesses in the area and set something up ourselves.
Decided that we should get on with it and I have been working with a friend and set up a twitter account and a facebook page to see how many followers and subscribers we get - this will give us the chance to gauge how interested people are.
Decided that we should get on with it and I have been working with a friend and set up a twitter account and a facebook page to see how many followers and subscribers we get - this will give us the chance to gauge how interested people are.
Update:
Seems people do want something and the level of followers shows this. We are meeting later in the week to see how we should go about setting this up, what it will look like and how it will be run. I have a feeling I will be part of the committee. Jolly good fun.
Lesson learned:
If you want something then sort it out yourself.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment