Brief:
To photograph a filly before she goes to the sales in October. Not entirely sure who my client is - the owner or the stud manager - but a morning spent around horses will be good for my soul so I'm doing it even if I don't get paid.
Equipment:
Not entirely sure if I will be photographing outside or in the covering shed or the indoor school. I will take the Canon 5D with speedlite flash and 3 lens in my bag - macro, everyday and big bertha as I affectionately call them - ask if you want the technical details.
Issues:
Not knowing who the client was or the required outcome before I set off is an issue - I cannot prepare correct equipment or get ideas into my head about what outcomes I might want from this.
The grooms and stud manager decided that what the client was after was a suitable shot to be used in an advertisement. The grooms told me how the horse should stand for this sort of shot. A lot of shots were taken waiting for the horse to get into the correct position.
Feedback:
With the advice from the grooms I will choose the correct image and send to client.
Invoice and Payment:
I will invoice the owner for half an hour, images onto CD and mileage. It is clear to me that the stud are not asking for this work but the owner so it is him that I will send the invoice.
Future work:
There was a bit too much hustle and bustle around the yard as a stallion was about to arrive for me to get the chance to have a chat with the stud manager about possible future work. Instead I will send him a letter asking for work.
Images:
Will send copy of these 4 images to client. Hopefully she will sell successfully. Got to say I was tempted.
Feedback:
Owner loved the images and instantly asked how much did he owe me - I love clients like that. I presented him with a CD containing his images at 300dpi (in case he ever wants a print) 72dpi (for the magazine advertisement) and lower res (so he can email them). Owner has also agreed to get me another chance to spend time with the stud manageer so that we can work out a way of doing future work together. I am seriously looking forward to that.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .




No comments:
Post a Comment