Brief:
Brief was to show up at Branston Pavilion at Branston Golf Club and meet the Printing and Photography Manager of the NHS Trust for Burton. There I would have an introductory chat with him and have the chance to photograph an event they were holding before their AGM.
Extra information:
Arranged to visit Alan with my images after the event - there he would be able to give me feedback, show me around the hospital, talk about the different types of photography they need and discuss any employment opportunities.
Equipment:
I took my Canon 5D and Speedlite flash as the event was indoors.
Shoot:
I don't enjoy PR and Event photography when I am not very well briefed. Also as I am not getting paid I do not feel I HAVE to get THE shot in the bag. As I was walking around however a couple of the stall holders asked if could I photograph them and send them the images for their work newsletter. As this was a freebie all round I said yes why not! When I sent the images I did insist that they make mention of me and put my web address next to the images.
Issues:
None except my feelings about doing this with people watching!
Images:
Here are a couple that I like:
Client feedback:
My images were liked and we discussed how they could be used, the different uses if cropped differently and the technical issues I had had. Very useful. I also had feedback about my website saying it was very good, professional, with some lovely images. He even said he might have some of the abstract images for the hospital. Well that was tremendous and not what I was expecting.
There is going to be the opportunity to do some portrait work for their staff awards. I am looking forward to that.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .



No comments:
Post a Comment