Total Pageviews

24 September 2011

Client B - Lots for Tots Brief

Brief:
Brief from the client for this work is as follows:
"I need two shots of 0-5 year olds with or without their parent for the October-December magazine. I need an image for each of the magazines (Derbyshire South and Burton & Ashby). They don't have to be two different children just doing two different things. I think the closer the shot the better. The focus needs to be slightly off centre so the text can run down the side (it doesn't matter which side), plus you need some space around the focus as the photo needs to fill behind the header & footer. I very much look forward to seeing what the outcome is! The deadline for the magazines are 30th September. Please take a look at previous front covers on my website."
Extra information:
A telephone conversation also revealed that last year she had used children playing in autumn leaves being thrown into the air. It needs to be autumnal and the children have to be all wrapped up - not christmasy and not too wintry. Playing with parents indoors or outdoors is OK or even being cosy in front of the fire.
Models:
I decided to source models for myself. Approached members of my networking group and will be using Ashley. I will ensure that her father signs the model release form.
Equipment:
I will be using Canon 5D with Speedlite flash. Anything more will be too cumbersome as I want Ashley to be freely running around and having fun - so I need to be as mobile as I can be. This will not be a static studio set up.
Shoot:
I also have four different set ups for her to choose from. If I was shooting again I think I would have put the flash on. In fact I think I would have taken another camera body with the 50mm lens on.
Issues:
Boy do children move about quickly. I have a high ISO and a fast shutter speed but still some of the images have motion blur. However there were enough interesting images for me to pass to my client.
Images:
I am going to give the client the option of 4 different activities and then she can chose which she prefers. Being mindful of how her front page works and where the mast head, footers and lead articles sit I have chosen these as the ones I think meet the brief - however I am sending more that I processed in case there is one that suits her more.

Ashley gardening

Ashley cycling

Ashley clearing the leaves

Ashley playing with Play Doh

This does not fit the client brief but I will like it and perhaps her parents will

Invoice and Client feedback:
Invoice was raised and posted along with the CD of high resolution images. I send 4 low resolution images with an email to my client to give her a taste of what was coming. I posted the invoice with a covering letter and the CD first class to her.
In the meantime I received a response from my email:
"Thank you- the photos are fabulous!! The 2 I am instantly drawn to are the leaves & the bike ones. They have the room to the side & the top to fit perfectly & they are great for the season, thank you so very much!"
Job well done I think.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment