I have not determined what my USP is going to be for my business yet. I am liking the "studio quality product shots in your office/home" idea at the moment and am working on getting together the appropriate kit to achieve that. I also have two commissions to produce images over the next 2 months.
In the meantime I have been asked to quote on a number of possible jobs. One for a wedding (yes I know who would have thought it!); another to produce a photobook for a 50th Wedding Anniversary; and another photo restoration.
I enjoy quoting for work it gives me time to reflect on what it is I would like to achieve with people. It also gives me the chance to do a little research and make sure I am keeping on top and on target with things. For example have I got my pricing structure correct, have I got all the relevant paperwork in place eg terms and conditions, fees, quotes, invoices etc etc. I have revisited and reviewed my wedding terms and conditions and in the next couple of months I will be visiting a solicitor (Liz at Else) to ensure I have covered all areas with my T&Cs. I have updated my public liability insurance and will be investigating public indemnity when my house insurance is renewed in April. I might be moving my camera equipment off the house contents insurance and onto a policy of their own to be covered by the business. I have an insurance advisor (Vicky at Law and Ashwood) who is working on this for me.
If these quotes turn into work then you will see the results on this blog - until then - happy reading.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment